This blog's purpose is to help make more information available to people to make choices that support their health. Plant-based nutrition is shown to have many health benefits, and I hope to provide ways to make it more affordable.

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Travel Foods

While I was visiting my family, it was difficult to make one shopping trip that would provide me with most of my food for that trip, and without all the things in my kitchen that I use to make my food tasty. This is some of what I came up with:

breakfast: plain oatmeal (rolled oats) with chopped dates and slices of clementine

lunch: mashed chickpeas (cooked from dried beans), chopped garlic, lemon juice, Bragg's liquid aminos, sliced almonds, wrapped in collard leaves

dinner: spinach salad with walnuts, chickpeas, balsamic vinegar, and Bragg's liquid aminos
plus  butternut squash (baked) added to a low-sodium lentil soup

breakfast: plain oatmeal (rolled oats) with chopped apple and crushed walnuts

dinner: chickpeas, butternut squash (leftovers), collards, sweet potato, walnuts, cooked in balsamic vinegar and Bragg's liquid aminos, with garlic and lemon juice

No comments:

Post a Comment