This blog's purpose is to help make more information available to people to make choices that support their health. Plant-based nutrition is shown to have many health benefits, and I hope to provide ways to make it more affordable.

Friday, March 11, 2011

Lettuce Wrap Bean Tacos

I was making dinner for myself, and initially I figured I'd make a bean dip to eat with carrots.  Since there was some lettuce to use up, the idea changed, although the bean dip didn't really.  I made a sort of hummus with black beans, adding nutritional yeast, cilantro, cayenne, and miso, along with the standard lemon juice, tahini, and garlic.  I decided it worked well as something like re-fried beans.  The lettuce would be a wrap, and then I decided to slice some yellow crook-neck squash ($1.99/lb vs. zucchini at $3.99 right now, and the two taste pretty similar).  It was kind of like a raw taco, except obviously my beans weren't raw, and the tahini probably wasn't either. 




I wished I had some tomatoes or something for more flavor and color.  Either way, this was pretty tasty.  The lettuce held up pretty well, although things got a little bit messy.  This was a pretty cheap healthy meal, although I couldn't tell you how much it costs.

No comments:

Post a Comment