This blog's purpose is to help make more information available to people to make choices that support their health. Plant-based nutrition is shown to have many health benefits, and I hope to provide ways to make it more affordable.

Monday, April 9, 2012

Cantaloupe "Mousse"

I really don't know if this would qualify as a mousse, or a pudding for that matter, which is what I intended, but it's still good.  What I did was I made something similar to my mostly-raw healthy chocolate pudding, but made it simply from cantaloupe, and macadamia nuts.  It was a big liquidy due to the water-content of the melon, but it was still really good.

I blended about a half-full of nuts (you could use cashews) to a powder in the blender, then added the fruit of a half of a medium to large cantaloupe, adding a dash of nutmeg and some vanilla extract.  I felt all fancy slicing a little bit off the bottom of the empty cantaloupe shell so it would sit flat, and pouring the mixture back in, and eating it out of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment