This blog's purpose is to help make more information available to people to make choices that support their health. Plant-based nutrition is shown to have many health benefits, and I hope to provide ways to make it more affordable.

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Curried Chickpeas with Coconut Cilantro Quinoa

Although more complicated than the Easy Quick Meal: Curry-seasoned grain and veggie dish I posted about before, this was really good for a whole foods plant-based dish.

I first got the quinoa going and in a separate pan, I toasted some cashews and coconut flakes that would later be added to the quinoa along with cilantro and lemon juice.

I water sauteed (see this link about healthy sauteeing- but you can use plain water) sliced carrots, chopped green chili, and garlic, plus a good amount of curry powder and a dash of Bragg's liquid aminos.  Then I added the coconut milk, chickpeas, and kale and cooked that up for a few minutes.  It was quite delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment