This blog's purpose is to help make more information available to people to make choices that support their health. Plant-based nutrition is shown to have many health benefits, and I hope to provide ways to make it more affordable.

Friday, March 25, 2011

Is it Guacamole with Mangos or Mango Salsa with Avocado? Who Cares, it's Great.


Mangos were on sale recently, then we made a stop somewhere that had avocados on sale.  I had cilantro from some friends' garden (thanks!), so I thought now was the time for some mango salsa.  It has ripe mango, fresh cilantro, a bit of chopped red onion, a clove of chopped garlic, some serrano chili (jalapeno tends to be too spicy for me), and lemon juice.  I added the avocado and mixed it together. 

I decided since I didn't want to eat corn chips, I'd make a salad of it, so I added romaine lettuce.  It was really delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment