This blog's purpose is to help make more information available to people to make choices that support their health. Plant-based nutrition is shown to have many health benefits, and I hope to provide ways to make it more affordable.

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Sweet Potato Breakfast

Sweet Potato Breakfast with sauce made from heated fresh orange juice from one orange, a handful of (frozen) blueberries, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and arrowroot to thicken it.
Sweet potatoes sliced thinly and boiled for a few minutes until tender. Topped with fresh crushed pecans.
cost: under $2
time: under 20 minutes

This is a great way to have a vegetable for breakfast, and break from grain-based breakfasts. I was trying to think of a way to make sweet potatoes for breakfast, and it occurred to me that blueberries would pair well with sweet potatoes.

I also make sweet potatoes with a miso and tahini sauce which I started making with regular potatoes but works possibly even better with the sweet potatoes. I'll post the recipe for that sauce sometime in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment