This blog's purpose is to help make more information available to people to make choices that support their health. Plant-based nutrition is shown to have many health benefits, and I hope to provide ways to make it more affordable.

Friday, January 27, 2012

Stuffed Acorn Squash

Hard squash is something you can buy without using for a while. I bought an acorn squash on sale a couple weeks ago and finally got around to using it. I cut it in half, scooped out the seeds, and baked it. I had cooked some dried beans earlier in the day so I decided to use those along with some greens from my garden, chopped sun-dried tomatoes, garlic, and crushed walnuts.
I seasoned it with some balsamic vinegar, a splash of Bragg's liquid aminos, paprika, and chipotle powder. When everything was done, I scooped the bean filling into the squash. This is something I'd definitely make again.

No comments:

Post a Comment