This blog's purpose is to help make more information available to people to make choices that support their health. Plant-based nutrition is shown to have many health benefits, and I hope to provide ways to make it more affordable.

Friday, January 6, 2012

Indian food

I love Indian food. Over time I have gathered various spices and cookbooks which make it easier to make Indian food at home. I often browse through the recipes at http://showmethecurry.com/, because although I don't have all the ingredients most of the time, I've still had some delicious food by mostly following the recipes. Plus they have videos for people who find that useful.

I have made the coconut chutney, the Lemon Rice but with quinoa instead of rice, I somewhat randomly chose this Channa recipe to base my seasoning of the leftover black lentils I needed to use up tonight.

You can make so many delicious plant-based dishes with an Indian influence. I choose vegan recipes and try to minimize or omit the oil, salt, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment