This blog's purpose is to help make more information available to people to make choices that support their health. Plant-based nutrition is shown to have many health benefits, and I hope to provide ways to make it more affordable.

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Quick Beans and Kale

The other day I was a bit hurried for dinner. I had some pre-cut kale in the fridge and was in the mood for beans. I threw a can of rinsed pinto beans and the kale in a pan with a little water. Once the kale was cooked through, I added some chipotle salsa, a little nutritional yeast, Bragg's liquid aminos, garlic powder, and tahini. It probably took around five minutes.

Other types of salsa could probably work. The chipotle salsa I used is not very hot, which is preferable in my case. I would've also enjoyed a salsa verde.

I used tahini to add a bit of creaminess since I don't use any sort of cheese nor oil. The nutritional yeast is commonly used by vegans to add a bit of a cheesy flavor.

Beans and greens are a good combo, it's just a matter of seasoning.

No comments:

Post a Comment